Income Protection

Anyone who does not receive indefinite sick-pay from their employer should consider an Income Protection policy. Most people would not be able to maintain their standard of living if they had to rely on Statutory Sick Pay and Incapacity Benefit, so Income Protection could form an important part of your financial protection plan.

The need for Income Protection is not merely limited to those people who are employed. Self-employed people for instance could have a similar need.

If you are employed or have your own business, you should consider whether you would be able to meet your household expenditure if you were unable to work for a prolonged period due to sickness or serious accident.

Personal Income Protection is designed to pay you a regular tax – free monthly income if you are incapacitated and unable to work due to illness or injury. The amount of cover is based on a percentage of your gross earnings and is suitable for both employed and self-employed people. There is no limit on the number of claims you can make and if you are never able to work again it will be paid until your selected retirement age or for the term of the policy if earlier. Anyone between the ages of 16-59 can apply for Income Protection Cover.

Our independent financial advisers are here to provide the best advice to you whether you’re employed or self-employed. We can arrange an Income Protection Policy to meet your needs. To contact us click here.